A balanced eating style, giving the body all the necessary nutrients is crucial to maintain a psychophysical well-being. Potassium is fundamental in order to prevent fatigue, water retention, insomnia and muscle soreness.
The foods listed below are the richest in potassium and can be easily assimilated:
- Ketchup: the most famous sauce in the world, made of tomato, vinegar, sugar and spices happens to be an incredible source of potassium!
- Oregano: the most famous spice in Mediterranean culinary tradition has different beneficial properties: it is rich in potassium; it helps digestion and alleviates intestinal pains.
- Dried black beans: they contain potassium, vitamins and oligominerals like calcium, sodium, zinc and phosphor.
- Dried bananas: extremely rich in potassium they are a natural remedy against high blood pressure.
- Rosemary: this famous Mediterranean herb, commonly used to give taste to dishes, has different health benefits; it is a good source of iron, calcium and vitamin B6.
- Paprika: our list of foods rich in potassium includes this spice made of different kind of dried minced peppers (including the seeds); it facilitates potassium supply on our diet.
- Pistachio nuts: useful to lower unhealthy cholesterol levels
- Chickpeas: that’s another great ingredient! Chickpeas contain omega-3, B-group vitamins, magnesium and folate.
- Dried tomatoes: they are not only tasty but also energizing, recommended for pregnant women
- Last, but not least… Lentils: these easy to cook, differently coloured and tasty pulses are rich in iron and can contrast potassium deficiency.
You might also like: