Need a boost of protein in your weekly diet? Pumpkin is a great source that can be blended into a sweet and tasty smoothie for your fast and active lifestyle.
In addition to protein, pumpkin is rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamins A and C, Potassium, Fiber, and Magnesium. Because of these beneficial properties, pumpkin is associated with naturally flushing toxins out of our bodies, having anti-inflammatory effects, and reducing the risk of depression, among other things.
To make a creamy and delicious pumpkin smoothie with a protein boost, blend the following ingredients together until smooth:
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of milk (use skim or soy if your prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice
- nutmeg and clove to taste
Top with some low-fat whipped cream for an extra sweet finish!
Did you enjoy this easy recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
More recipes to try
If you enjoy quick and healthy recipes, you might also like:
- The amazing health benefits of blueberry juice
- Recipe for a nutritious kale smoothie
- Grapefruit juice: a true health boon!
- The amazing benefits of lemon water
- Bubble Tea: the beverage that is taking over the world
- 4 Vegetables Juicing Recipes
- 3 recipes for making fruit and vegetable smoothies at home
- How to make a great hot chocolate