Lemons are a staple of every kitchen. They have many other lesser known properties, however, which make them a must have item in every home!
11 Amazing Benefits Of Organic Lemon
Here are just some examples the natural therapeutic properties of lemons:
- High fat diets and excessive alcohol consumption put a lot of strain on the liver, making it slow to produce bile. Lemon can help by promoting the breakdown of fats thus speeding up your digestion.
- Lemon can help to reduce acidity in the stomach. Citric acid is converted into citrate, an alkaline which helps to balance excess acid levels.
- Lemon can help reduce nausea, even with regards to motion sickness and morning sickness in pregnancy. Just add the juice of one lemon to a glass of water before drinking to enjoy immediate relief.
- Lemon has great antibacterial properties and can be used widely as it contains no harmful chemical agents. Why not try adding it to regular fruit juice, to massage oil, or as an air freshener around the home. You can even gargle with it to help prevent a sore throat.
- If you’re unsure about the quality of the water you drink, a little lemon juice will help fight impurities. It is also an excellent remedy for bad breath.
- Lemon juice can be used to tone and soften skin. Gently rub the rough parts of your body, such as elbows and knees, with a lemon cut in half to make skin soft and firm. To strengthen the pores of the skin and fight against blackheads, soak a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply it to the skin. Your complexion will be clear and bright, maintaining a balanced pH.
- If you suffer from eczema, try mixing lemon juice and almond oil and apply the resulting liquid to the affected areas.
- Increasing your lemon intake can help energize you in the case of chronic fatigue or allergies.
- To fight against tartar try brushing your teeth twice a week with a mixture of lemon, lime and grapefruit juice diluted in water.
- For shiny and bright hair try mixing olive oil, honey and lemon into a paste. After having shampooed your hair you can use this mixture as a mask. Simply apply the mixture and leave for half an hour before rinsing off.
- The use of lemon essential oil is highly recommended in the first three months of pregnancy
Be careful, however, as there are certain circumstances in which lemon consumption must be avoided. If you suffer from a stomach ulcer or gallstones, then lemon could make your symptoms worse.
When you squeeze a lemon, drink the juice immediately to benefit from the ascorbic acid which oxidizes very quickly once in contact with air.
And remember, for the best results, you must use organic lemons…
You might also like: