Vacation Time, sea and sunbathing, the fateful bikini test. You may or may not have already come to terms with?
If during the long winter you have put on a few extra pounds, and you are still not able to achieve the desired results, or you simply want to awaken your metabolism for the summer season, forget the excessiveness of the winter months and give your body a healthy detoxification.
Detox diets, herbs and fasting programs may seem like a modern trend, but for hundreds of years these have been used as natural remedies to detoxify your body. Many religions, as well as many spiritual practices, consider fasting an effective measure to purify both the body and mind.
The excess of toxins in the body can have very bad effects on the immune system, exposing it to the risk of chronic degenerative diseases such as some forms of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease, to name but a few.
FOCUS: Vegetables Juicing Recipes
This does not however mean, having to shell out a lot of money to buy supplements or follow a restrictive regime. In fact, our bodies are in a constant state of detoxification and you can detox your body in a number of ways.
Detoxification is the process by which the metabolic byproducts, the “junk” foods preservatives and additives, drugs and alcohol and environmental toxins are neutralized and eliminated.
EXPLORE: 10 amazing benefits of lemon water
A walk or a bike ride are two good habits to lose weight and keep it under control, but must be accompanied with a balanced diet. However, this alone is not enough. Here are some simple ways to detoxify our body in a natural way without resorting to miracle pills, extreme diets or imaginary remedies.
1) Exercise: the exercises involving the muscles of the whole body, such as spinning and boxing exercises, allow you to burn large amounts of calories. As a rule of thumb, the more you work on your muscles, the greater the advantages it draws. Boxing allows you to work the muscles of the whole body (those of the trunk as well as those of the lower limbs) and, similarly, cardio exercises such as lunges and squats are great workouts.
It is a good alternative to yoga, especially for those who need a faster way to relax. For some people yoga is perfect way to loose any tension, for others it can be a real distraction. For them, the boxing exercises can have a great calming effect and give greater satisfaction.
2) Yoga at high temperature: developed by yoga guru Bikram Choudhury from traditional hatha yoga, bikram yoga (yoga or hot yoga) involves 26 positions in sequence and 2 breathing exercises and is practiced in a heated room where the temperature reaches about 40°c.
Recreating the hot and humid climate of the geographical area where this yoga was born, this discipline allows you to do each exercise in a more comfortable and safer environment, due to the high temperature, it is recommended to drink at least 1.5 liters of water for each session. This means cleaning the body expelling toxins through perspiration. It leaves you feeling so incredibly clean that the last thing we want is alcohol of unhealthy food.
3) Wipe and smooth the skin: the key to helping your body get rid of all the toxins is to make sure that you are in the best shape to do it. If you think about systems of elimination, the skin is one of these, and is the largest organ of the body. Using a loofah sponge and having a good body wash, or rubbing from the top to the heart before showering. It helps to stimulate the skin and the lymphatic system, allowing for better detoxification.
4) Avoid Hollywood diets: there are loads, but very few achieve results. You want and lose weight fast? The Diet Master Cleans only allows you to consume fresh lemon juice, maple syrup grade B organic cayenne pepper and spring water. It can be an effective method for cleansing the liver and colon.
As extreme as the maple syrup diet (the favorite of Beyoncé) encourages cutting certain food groups: However, this is an overly restrictive regime that is likely to have a serious impact on the body.
But there’s more, the diets of the stars are often used as options for a quick solution to the problem of extra pounds: they are good for losing weight in a short period but, but once you have finished the diet and go back to old eating habits you replace all the pounds you lost.
5) Eat more antioxidant foods: there are molecules that help protect the body from free radicals responsible for premature cellular damage and acceleration of the aging process (heart disease and cancers, may be due to the action of these molecules!).
Green tea is rich in antioxidants, as well as “superfoods” such as blueberries and goji berries. Bitter juices and chlorophyll such as the juice of wheat grass or dandelion, are perfect for cleansing the liver. Drink a couple of cups of dandelion tea, available in health food stores, next to the dandelion coffee, may be particularly beneficial for those who have eaten excessive junk foods and drinks.
One of the main actions of the Dandelion (or dandelion) is the detoxification of the liver, the first organ of the gastrointestinal system, where toxins are stored. Other good foods are carrots, celery, limes, lemons and beets.
Also spices such as turmeric, rosemary, cayenne pepper, cumin and curry. It ‘best to avoid coffee, milk and soft drinks, and opt instead for purified water or apple juice.
6) Eating raw food: eating uncooked vegetables allows preservation of the enzymes contained therein thereby facilitating digestion. Moreover, the greater the amount of fresh fruits and vegetables consumed, the higher the natural content of vitamin E, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of which are well known.
Organic products (not treated with pesticides) and avoid introducing toxins into your body. The best raw foods are fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, legumes and seeds. Even the chocolate, made with raw cacao, can be eaten “raw”!
7) Be kind to your gut: add some friendly bacteria in the intestinal flora, it can aid your digestion. Reintroduce some strains of microorganisms, it can help to reduce the symptoms of a bad digestive process typically characterised by bloating and flactuance – and to restore balance and harmony at the level of the gastrointestinal tract.
On the market there are several supplements that contain Lactobacillus acidophilus (the small intestine) and Bifidobacterium (for intestinal colon). These bacteria proliferate when we ingest fermented foods: yogurt, sauerkraut and miso soup are therefore recommended to help the bacteria to work.
8) Reduce (or eliminate) milk and dairy products: dairy products are directly linked to a series of problems or disorders of the organism from the simple feeling of drowsiness and laziness, to high cholesterol levels up to obesity. By cutting dairy from the diet may reveal an intolerance and could also have health benefits. Rice milk, for example, is easier to digest than cow’s milk and does not contain any animal hormones that your metabolism may struggle with.
DISCOVER: 9 amazing health benefits of nutmeg
The fact that the dairy industry produces high levels of CO2 may also be overlooked, contributing harmful emissions polluting the environment in which we live. You could also try to eliminate gluten and, consequently, the food (often very heavy as fried foods and sweets in general) that contain it. Better to focus on healthier choices such as rice and fruit.
On the market there is a wide range of products made from milk and gluten-free, and a period of detoxification is definitely a good time to try excellent alternatives to an traditional diet.
9) Take it easy! Sleep, exercise and a diet rich in fibers allow the body to be healthy and get rid of toxins naturally.
Which of these methods do you want to try?