Acne is not just a problem for teenagers, but it can continue into adulthood, often caused by anxiety or stress. However, it is not always necessary to resort to harsh creams and products with a high environmental impact, since there are several natural remedies to combat acne that can help you effectively here.
In particular, for a pimple, linked to stress, or to a poor diet, there are many natural remedies that can be used and easily prepared at home.
The best natural remedies to combat acne
(Have your say in the comments below..)
1. Tea Tree essential oil. This natural extract has grown in popularity for body care and beauty. Obtained from a plant native to Australia, tea tree oil is commonly used in many creams against acne. A few drops of the extract can be massaged into the infected skin, carefully avoiding contact with eyes. Beware, though: the tea tree oil is not recommended for people who suffer from acne rosacea, as it can cause irritation.
2. Baking soda. This product is always present in your home and makes a perfect exfoliate, removing dead skin before it can clog the pores of the skin, and at the same time lowering the acidity levels of the skin. The baking soda should be mixed with a little water or mild soap to form a paste then applied to the skin by gently massaging, avoiding the eyes. You can also use this as a mask, leaving it for about 10 minutes, but be warned that this process can irritate sensitive skin.
3. Milk of Magnesium. Applying a laxative on the face may seem strange, but this remedy is very effective. Being high in alkaline, magnesium lowers the level of acidity of the skin, limiting the production of sebum. Excessive use can dry out your skin so just dab your face with a cotton ball no more than once a day.
4. Aloe vera. Increasingly being exploited for its therapeutic properties against epidermis, the aloe is not useful as a preventive method, but it is effective to reduce inflammation and redness, promoting rapid healing of the skin. Gently rub the gel on the skin affected by acne.
5. Jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is the best product for the treatment of mixed skins: as it eliminates excess sebum without causing excessive dryness, which in turn reduces the chances of acne. The product can also be used as a makeup remover to clean the pores of the skin.
However, each skin has unique characteristics and not all remedies may work for individuals: you just have to experiment to find which one best suits your needs.
You might also like: