You don’t need to use mass produced creams and beauty products to achieve beautiful skin. You can make a face mask at home using yogurt, honey, strawberries and avocado: just keep reading to find out a few of our recipes.
These face masks are best used at most twice a week, preferably in the evening. Before application be sure to cleanse your face thoroughly in order to prepare your skin for the treatment.
Be careful! There is a slight risk you may be allergic to some products (e.g. pineapple kiwi, orange, red berries, papaya and lemon). If you should experience an allergic reaction rinse the product off immediately and wait a few days before testing less aggressive ingredients
Before getting started here are a few useful tips:
- Do not mix more than 4 or 5 ingredients to avoid the risk of incompatibility.
- Mix thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
- Peel the skin off the fruit and remove seeds before using.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add at the end, egg yolks do not mix well with other ingredients and are not good for the skin.
How to make a face mask at home
Three easy recipes to help you get started!
Cleansing and softening mask (for normal skin)
Mix 1/2 a cup of mashed pear with 1 tablespoon of natural yogurt, 1 tablespoon of green or white clay powder and 1 tablespoon of almond oil. These last two ingredients are easy to find in speciality health stores.
If you like you can also add: 8 to 10 drops of tincture of benzoin, 1 – 2 tablespoons of runny honey, 1 teaspoon of pollen powder, 2 – 3 drops of rosewood essential oil, fine or small grain lavender.
Leave on for 30 minutes before rinsing clean
Nourishing mask (dry/mature skin)
Mix the flesh of 1/2 an avocado with 1 tablespoon of runny honey and 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche. All these ingredients can be easily found in your local supermarket.
If you like you can also add: 1 teaspoon of nourishing oil, 3 – 4 drops of royal jelly, 1 – 2 capsules of vitamin E oil, 3 – 4 drops of anti-wrinkle oil
Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing off
Calming mask against irritation (sensitive skin)
Boil 1 potatoe and mash with 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of rose water. You can also add: 1/2 a teaspoon of glycerin, 2 – 3 drops of chamomile essential oil.
Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
Have a go, you’ll be amazed at the results!
You might also like:
- 4 natural anti cellulite remedies that you can make at home
- 3 beauty recipes from coconut oil
- Take care of your skin naturally at home
- A DIY cleansing milk and facial tonic recipe
- Effective anti cellulite natural remedies