If you don’t want to change your eating habits and enjoy a dairy free ice cream that’s as good as the traditional one we can help! Here’s a quick and easy way to prepare ice cream without milk or eggs.
There are in fact different alternatives to milk. You can replace dairy milk with soya milk, vegetable cream, rice milk or almond milk. The result will convince even the most skeptical!
How to make a delicious ice cream without milk or eggs: 2 easy recipes!
You can make your homemade ice cream in exactly the flavor you crave, but these two recipes are the ones we recommend the most.
1) Vegetable Ice Cream recipe:
- 200 ml of soya milk (or rice or almond milk) essence of vanilla or chocolate to taste
- 200 g of vegetable cream (or soya yogurt )
- 70 grams of brown sugar
- 50 g of organic rice starch
- vanilla seeds
- ginger or cinnamon powder dissolved in a little hot vegetable milk.
Mix all ingredients in a blender for about 5 minutes and pour directly into an ice cream bowl that you can freeze. Take care to mix the entire compound and ensure that the ingredients dissolve during the cooling process. For a delicious chocolate ice cream, add 100 grams of melted dark chocolate, or for a fresher ice-cream add some chopped seasonal fruit.
Decorate your ice cream with chopped almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts or pistachios and serve in bowls.
FOCUS: 7 non-dairy alternatives to cow’s milk
2) Banana ice cream recipe:
An even simpler and more natural alternative is to use some fruit as base ingredient for ice cream, for example: bananas.
If you want to make vegetable banana cream, you need 2 or 3 very ripe bananas. Cut the banana into medium thick slices, place them in a bowl and let them sit in the freezer overnight to allow the fruit to solidify.
The next day, break the frozen bananas and mix them for five minutes in a blender, until they begin to blend. In this way , the fruit thaws gradually and with a little patience, you’ll get a soft and smooth texture, ideal for creating delicious flavors of ice cream without adding other ingredients, including milk!
With a little imagination, you can use several ingredients as a base for ice cream without milk.
Each ingredient has its separate flavor.
Here are some examples of natural and delicious ice cream without milk or eggs:
- Strawberry and Chocolate; a cup of frozen strawberries and half a cup of chopped dark chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon and peanut butter; 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon butter.
- Cinnamon and pecan peaches; add the peaches, a cup of chopped pecans and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- Raspberries and chopped almonds; a cup of frozen raspberries and ½ cup chopped almonds
- Strawberries and pistachios; a cup of frozen strawberries and ½ cup chopped roasted unsalted pistachios.
- Chocolate; add to the base of the banana ice cream a spoonful of vegan chocolate sauce.
As usual, your imagination is the key ingredient to make delicious ice-creams in various flavors. So keep experimenting! That’s part of the fun…