For those who appreciate natural beauty and like making their own products at home, here are two easy homemade hand lotion recipes. These recipes are perfect for the cold days coming our way! You will get a fully natural cream, provided it is made with organic ingredients, easy to make and very freshening.
Homemade Hand Lotion Recipes
- 3 tablespoon of beeswax
- 3 tablespoons of coconot oil
- 1/3 cup of cocoa butter
- 1/3 cup of jojoba oil
- 7 drops of essential oil of peppermint
- 6 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- Put the beeswax, coconut butter, cocoa butter and the jojoba oil in a big metal pot.
- Set the stove on low flame, and stir thoroughly making sure that all the ingredients are melted, and after taken out of the stove, keep stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppermint oil and the eucalyptus and stir it all once more. Pour the mix in a small jar and close it with a screw cap. This lotion is very freshening as it contains peppermint and eucalyptus oil in it.
DISCOVER: Make your own lavender boby scrubs
An even richer hand lotion homemade recipe
A richer hand lotion recipe can be made with the following ingredients.
- 170 gr ( 6 Oz) of shea butter
- 15 gr (0.5 Oz) of cocoa butter
- ¾ cup of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 tablespoon of your favorite essential oil
How to make the lotion?
- Put the shea butter and the cocoa butter in a microwavable and put on middle power for 30 seconds. Repeat more times if needed and stir carefully everytime you take it out of the microwave oven.
- Pour the mix in a bowl that has large edges, then put the bowl in a bigger bowl with a larger base, put ice underneath so that the mix is kept cool. Add almond oil and corn starch. With a blender at low speed, blend everything adding the essential oil that you’ve chosen, drop by drop.
- Let cool and then pour it into a jar and shut it with a screw cap. Keep away from heat and sunlight in a glass jar for a month.
If you liked these homemade hand lotion recipes, then you’ll also like: