Some Tasty Ways to Prepare an Avocado (Besides Guacamole)

Make the most of this incredible ingredient!

Photo of author

By Jane

Tasty Ways to Prepare an Avocado (Besides Guacamole)

Why eat avocado? This exotic fruit is invaluable. In fact, nature has concentrated all its healing virtue and even aphrodisiac properties, since the time of the ancient peoples of South America have come to appreciate. But how to prepare an avocado? Here are some ways to bring avocado to the table that you will love.

The avocado (avocado comes from the Aztec word ‘ahuacatl‘, which means ‘testicle’), defined by Hemingway ‘fruit of Paradise’, also known as the ‘perfect berry‘ and the ‘Alligator Pear’ due to its elongated shape and wrinkled green skin and scales reminiscent of an alligator (also as its shape resembles the eye of an alligator).

FOCUS: How to grow an avocado plant at home

The green flesh of the avocado has many beneficial properties for the body and, according to nutritionists, contains almost all the nutrients that a person would need to survive. As if that weren’t enough, the avocado lends itself to the preparation of many recipes and dishes, although the best way to enjoy it is perhaps in a fresh salad.

How to prepare an avocado at home?

Here are some tasty ways to prepare an avocado: all of them are so easy and can be personalised. Make the best of this ideal ingredient for nutritious recipes with no processed or artificial ingredients!

An avocado on its own

Eating avocado helps to regulate blood pressure, the high content of magnesium and potassium (equivalent to 2-3 bananas) and monounsaturated fats helps to reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood, to ensure that the circulatory system functions properly and preserve the health of the heart and arteries.

So why not start the simplest way and prepare an avocado cut into slices and perhaps flavored with a few drops of lemon juice?

prepare an avocado
Want to start simple? Cut a ripe avocado into slices, add a little lemon juice, and relish!

Avocado with grilled bread

Avocados are rich in fiber. Suffice it to say that in a medium-sized avocado there are 10 grams of fiber, of which 75% is insoluble and the remaining 25% soluble; this means that the consumption of avocado is particularly suitable to facilitate intestinal motility and to stimulate the sense of satiety during the low-calorie diets.

An avocado sandwich is that energy boost you need on a busy day!

prepare an avocado in a simply way!
Dark rye bread goes perfectly with avocado!

Avocado as a spread and seasoning

Instead of using butter use avocado to flavor your dishes or salads. Use the pulp, when warm it will spread onto bread perfectly, and can be used in a variety of sweet recipes as an healthy alternative to butter and vegetable spread. Then there is also the avocado oil that can be used regularly in the kitchen and helps to prevent heart disease, skin aging and high cholesterol.

And how not to mention guacamole, the popular Mexican sauce made ​​of avocado, lime and black pepper that dates back to the time of the Aztecs?

how to prapare an avocado
Do you want to enrich your salad? Avocado may be the answer.

Avocado soup

Eating avocados helps the body to absorb nutrients found in other foods. If added to a salad, the avocado increases about 14 times the absorption of beta-carotene content found in carrots and 4 times that of alpha-carotene found in lettuce.

how to prepare an avocado
Avocado soup: creamy, healthy and energy-rich!

More than a food: avocado as a moisturiser

Avocado is a powerful natural antioxidant, thanks to the considerable intake of vitamin A and E that help the body fight free radicals and delay skin aging. The pulp of avocado can be beneficial to the skin as well as moisturising, restoring shine and nourishment to dry skin and delaying the appearance of wrinkles. Try by mixing the pulp of an avocado with honey and yogurt and apply the mixture to your face for at least 20 minutes.

Still have doubts about the usefulness of consuming avocado?

More on this topic

You might also like:

Leave a Comment